As you are aware, Ms Gaby has prepared a Digital Literacy Booklet for the Junior 5 students to use during the Digital Literacy lessons during the 2nd Term.
You are kindly requested to send an envelope with the amount of €3.10 to Ms Gaby by not later than Friday 16th March 2018. This amount will cover the printing costs for this booklet. Please write the name of the child, class and DL Booklet Fee on the envelope. Thank you.
Brian Gauci B.A., S.Th.B., P.G.C.E, Post Graduate Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapy
Director Pastoral Care & Human Resources
St. Catherine’s High School
Address: 11, Suffolk Road, Pembroke PBK 1901
Tel: +356 21376546, +356 21376543
“Frankly, there isn’t anyone you couldn’t learn to love once you’ve heard their story.”
A STEM activity that engages students in applying learned skills through hands-on activities. Observing living things in their habitat the students explored, analyzed and recorded data through the use of their tablet. Furthermore, they applied their artistic skills while sitting for a still life activity.
View our journey through pictures:
For our outing this Thursday please note that all students need the following items:
- Sketchpads within a cloth drawstring bag (Art activity with Ms Cetty)
- Learnpads (Digital Literacy/Science activity with Ms Gaby/Ms Edwina) please note that students were instructed not to get anything within their Learnpad bags. Only the tablet is required while all the rest is to be left at home)
- Pencil case as instructed by Ms Edwina
- Small lunch bag with enough food and water
- 1 extra pair of socks just in case they get wet
Children can come in their Wellies (if available) since we are assuming that some areas might be muddy.
Kindly note that results are now published on Powerschool. Corrected sheets will be returned tomorrow.
Kindly note that your next on-going assessment is scheduled as follows:
Jr 4A: Feb 19th
Jr 4B: Feb 20th
Jr 5A: Feb 15th
Jr 5B: Feb 16th
Jr 6A: Feb 16th
Jr 6B: Feb 14th
- Junior 5s to revise Bklt 1 + confidence in Learn Pad use + using Paint 3D
- Junior 6s to revise Bklt 1 + use of Microsoft tools:- Sway, Word, ClassNotebook
- Jr 4s to revise Bklt 1, Lesson 1 – Lesson 4 + basic functions when using Learnpad such as using the barcode reader, connecting to Wifi, sharing your work on Class Cloud and use of Picsay app
I suggest that you revise all the information and apply what you know through hands-on activities using your devices, desktop/laptop/tablet.
Jr 5A – On Monday 28th
Jr 5B – On Tuesday 29th
Students are encouraged to revise covered pages on Workbk 1 pgs 4-12
Focus on highlighted words – Ignore Tasks sections.
Jr 5s: Kindly note that all students were given a laminated sheet, carrying teacher’s QR Codes (as per link hereunder). This will enable students to shift from one lesson to another with ease, not having to stay logging on blogs to view specific QRs. Included one can also find a QR code for Scholastic Pro. Students are to access the link within the lesson and input user and password.
Lessons QR Codes
Jr 4s: Right after the holidays, students will be given a similar sheet to the one above for easier lesson access. In the meantime, I am sharing Scholastic Pro’s QR.
Hope this helps